It’s that time, when the only thing we want to see wobbling is Santa’s chubby girth as he bursts into “Ho, Ho, Hos” when you tickle his tummy.
Yet, there is all that deliciousness-the puddings, the cakeys, the eggnog (if you are in Australia the pavlova)!!
Then, we have the Christmas parties, when we swirl around in gay abandon munching on delicious delectables, swilling down bubbles and bliss and allowing ourselves to fall into the abandonment of the current moment. There is not a thought for tomorrow let alone next month.
Add into that one of the most emotionally electrified times of the year and you have a recipe for ruin.
There ‘s the lead up stress of being with people and memories that are just to painful, or too raw and then the event itself. All of which may lead you to reach for another rumball to stuff down that comment or worse the sobs.
Here are 10 quick tips to help you survive Christmas without the deprivation and still keep on your weight loss path.
1. So give us some figgy pudding- have your figgy pudding and all thing delicious, but just have a little. As soon as you deprive yourself of something- BAM all those self -sabotaging thoughts come in.
2. Make exercise a priority this Christmas season. Do an extra session every time you have a social engagement on. If you live in the colder climates read this.
3. Drink a glass of water in between every drink. Not only will this help to keep you full, it will also ensure you are hydrated and help to flush those toxins away.
4. Try not to eat and talk at the same time when you’re at a shin dig. If you are anything like me, once you start talking to someone, you lose track of how much you are eating. Much, gulp, chew, reach, much chew gulp. Where did that whole bowl of chips go, as my hand reaches forlorny for more is a memory of mine.
5.Only eat things that you think are truly delicious. Life is too short and why not make Christmas as pleasurable as possible by putting only yumminess in your mouth?
6.Why not walk around the block three times before you get to any social event, or if you think you will be spotted, take off the heels and climb the stairs?
7.Every morning of a Christmas party, why not make yourself a green smoothie instead of breakfast? They are filling, scrummy and so good for you. Just blend some juice, preferably coconut, a frozen banana, some spinich and anything else green. you can also add things like super greens and any of those super food supplements to make them extra good for you.
8. If you are bringing something to share, why not make it as healthy and delicious as possible? There are so many great recipes out there. What about this ? So pretty and yum.
9. Dance your booty off. No better way to stay festive AND burn calories.
10. Meditate, meditate, meditate. The calmer you are, the better choices you will make and the more relaxed you will feel. The best gift you can give yourself.
What is your best tip for keeping fit over the Santa season?
Don’t forget to make 2014 diet free. Check out the new book, Enough Already! How to lose weight once and for all ad reclaim your life! and get off to a great, new start this year.